Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Edible Brooklyn Winos

A few months ago, I was called to photograph various Brooklyn wine stores for Edible Brooklyn's summer story "Stomping Grounds." The original assignment was to photograph the stores and their displays. However, last minute the editor asked if I could get some quick shots of the store owners. The interesting part of that request is that most clients pigeon hole me into being a "still-life" photographer and would be hesitant to ask me to do this. Yet, I still enjoy photographing people and if you do know me on a personal level I am a people person. I love meeting new people, especially other people that enjoy wine like I do! The ironic part of this assignment is that nothing that I was originally asked to shoot made it into the story...only the portraits. Regardless, it was fun and I met some really interesting "wine guys." Some of the Brooklyn stores included Red, White and Bubbly, Sip, Thirst and Brooklyn Wine Exchange.

1 comment: